This September over 80 PwC employees descended on Trafford Ecology Park ready for a day of volunteering and team building.
The park and group divided into 4 and the adventure began when the volunteers had to navigate to their zones supplied only with a map.
Once there each team undertook a range of tasks, including:
- Uncovering and repairing a previously lost path
- Re-laying pathways to improve connectivity around the park
- Clearing overgrown areas around the new outdoor learning centre to provide additional space for outdoor education
- Carrying out woodland management and opening up routes to the pond area for pond dipping activities
- Clearing the forest school area to enable more adventures and learning experiences.
All of the teams were fantastic at getting their hands dirty, getting stuck in and improving this fantastic community space.
As well as volunteering the team enjoyed some fun team building tasks delivered by our Community Project Leads; including a treasure hunt game and wheelbarrow race.
See this page for more information on our corporate volunteering activities.